PERSONAL REFLECTION:
My goals right now are to do well in my music classes. This is going to be a huge challenge because I will be taking music theory, piano, aural skills, and diction. Another challenge will be my honors classes. I personally think that I will benefit the most from the writing center and the library. I do not think that writing is my strong suite so the writing center could help me strengthen my writing. The writing center is located in the Department of Writing and Linguistics I also think that the library is a great resource for information and is a good place to study. As I mentioned above, the definition myself and my classmate came up with is to be apart of something or to invest in something. Going to the library and the writing center would help me achieve this definition because I would be investing in the advancement of my education. These resources would provide the opportunity for me to have mentors invest in me. In relation to the articles, I personally identified with the article , “The Disease of Being so Busy”. I have always been involved in multiple activities and know what it’s like to have a tight schedule. I do find that when I’m overwhelmed or overloaded I will shut down. However, I think that if I were to take some of Omid Safi’s advice and ask “How is your heart doing at this very moment, at this breath?” that I could better evaluate what is truly important. By prioritizing and learning to “live the examined life” I feel that I could ease some of my own anxieties in life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 8

Week 7

Campus & Community Engagement