week 10

In Maurice Asheley’s Ted talk, “Working backwards to solve a problem” he spoke about retrograde analysis and how master chess players can see moves in a game before they even happen. He said something along the lines that “It pays to look forward and back.” This applies to both chess and planning ahead for your degree. I will have to plan ahead to accomplish my goals. Two examples of this are planning your core (areas A-F) and prerequisites. For example, I will have to take psychology 1101 in order to begin a psychology minor. An example of a personal goal although weird for me is to never hit a juul. I am in the arts focus area and am a music major in the BA program with a focus on voice. The words that I picked from the extensive list that I would consider my core values are compassion, independence, loyalty, honesty, and genuineness. I also read the article, “Creating and Living by your own values” by Chris Guillebeau. One main takeaway from the article for me is that only you can decide what is important to you. I think the point about “Adopting a flexible life vision” is vital for college students. Also, the article mentioned getting out into the world and travelling which is a major goal of mine. I will now talk about a few of the resources on campus that were listed to look into. The Major and Career Exploration Center assists students and helps students make informed decisions regarding college and helps them better navigate their degree program. They offer self, major, and career exploration and can be found on the GSU web page. The Career and Professional development page on the Georgia Southern page can also help students with their plans for the future. The undergraduate catalog shows the many degrees that are offered to undergraduate students. By looking at the community guide you can see the standards for your academic are for example I could check the arts area. My goals are to graduate from the music program and to eventually make the chorale ensemble. After graduation, I would like to continue and get my masters in communicative disorders and then become a voice therapy. In order to accomplish these goals, I will have to study a lot. Although being a music major is difficult, it is so worth it and I hope that I can look back in the future on this post and have met some of my listed goals. 



Image result for college degreeImage result for degree planImage result for chess piece




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 8

Week 7

Campus & Community Engagement